Aug 16, 2016

Narrater: (Abu Qatada) Hadidth No: (49)

We were in the company of the Prophet at a place called Al-Qaha (which is at a distance of three stages of journey from Medina). Abu Qatada narrated through another group of narrators: We were in the company of the Prophet at a place called Al-Qaha and some of us had assumed Ihram while the others had not. I noticed that some of my companions were watching something, so I looked up and saw an onager. (I rode my horse and took the spear and whip) but my whip fell down (and I asked them to pick it up for me) but they said, ''We will not help you by any means as we are in a state of Ihram.'' So, I picked up the whip myself and attacked the onager from behind a hillock and slaughtered it and brought it to my companions. Some of them said, ''Eat it.'' While some others said, ''Do not eat it.'' So, I went to the Prophet who was ahead of us and asked him about it, He replied, ''Eat it as it is Halal (i.e. it is legal to eat it).''

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts