May 4, 2017

Narrater: (Jabir bin Abdullah) Hadidth No: (310)

I was with the Prophet in a Ghazwa (Military Expedition) and my camel was slow and exhausted. The Prophet came up to me and said, ''O Jabir.'' I replied, ''Yes?'' He said, ''What is the matter with you?'' I replied, ''My camel is slow and tired, so I am left behind.'' So, he got down and poked the camel with his stick and then ordered me to ride. I rode the camel and it became so fast that I had to hold it from going ahead of Allah's Apostle . He then asked me, have you got married?'' I replied in the affirmative. He asked, ''A virgin or a matron?'' I replied, ''I married a matron.'' The Prophet said, ''Why have you not married a virgin, so that you may play with her and she may play with you?'' Jabir replied, ''I have sisters (young in age) so I liked to marry a matron who could collect them all and comb their hair and look after them.'' The Prophet said, ''You will reach, so when you have arrived (at home), I advise you to associate with your wife (that you may have an intelligent son).'' Then he asked me, ''Would you like to sell your camel?'' I replied in the affirmative and the Prophet purchased it for one Uqiya of gold. Allah's Apostle reached before me and I reached in the morning, and when I went to the mosque, I found him at the door of the mosque. He asked me, ''Have you arrived just now?'' I replied in the affirmative. He said, ''Leave your camel and come into (the mosque) and pray two Rakat.'' I entered and offered the prayer. He told Bilal to weigh and give me one Uqiya of gold. So Bilal weighed for me fairly and I went away. The Prophet sent for me and I thought that he would return to me my camel which I hated more than anything else. But the Prophet said to me, ''Take your camel as well as its price.''

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts