Feb 1, 2018

Narrater: (Jabir bin Abdullah) Hadidth No: (581)

When my father died he owed a Jew thirty Awsuq (of dates). I requested him to give me respite for repaying but he refused. I requested Allah's Apostle to intercede with the Jew. Allah's Apostle went to the Jew and asked him to accept the fruits of my trees in place of the debt but the Jew refused. Allah's Apostle entered the garden of the date-palms, wandering among the trees and ordered me (saying), ''Pluck (the fruits) and give him his due.'' So, I plucked the fruits for him after the departure of Allah's Apostle and gave his thirty Awsuq, and still had seventeen Awsuq extra for myself. Jabir said: I went to Allah's Apostle to inform of what had happened, but found him praying the Asr prayer. After the prayer I told him about the extra fruits which remained. Allah's Apostle told me to inform (Umar) Ibn Al-Khatab about it. When I went to Umar and told him about it, Umar said, ''When Allah's Apostle walked in your garden, I was sure that Allah would definitely bless it.''

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts